Friday, May 16, 2008

My first 5k

I ran my first 5k last Saturday.

Yeah, RAN it!

It was the Chuy's Hot to Trot 5k... and I did it in 38:22

That's a pace of 12:20

Way faster than last year!

I have gone on two runs since then.

On Wednesday morning, I ran this route. It took about 35 minutes (I walked a bit at the end)... This is around a 13:20 pace.

On Monday night, I ran this route from Rogue to Ladybird Lake and back. I ran down to the park at slow tempo, then ran a quarter mile at a faster tempo, then walked a quarter, ran a quarter, walked a quarter (all on the lake trail with mile markers) then I ran back at slow tempo again. I am not sure how long it took, seems like it was close to 45 minutes.

The next step is to sign up for Iron Chicks II and possibly a bike ride in Blanco, TX at the end of the month.

No comments: