Monday, April 23, 2007

Year 2

So, to recap... I didn't run in the 5k OR do the half marathon. I do kind of wish I would have walked the marathon. I could have done that, but I wasn't really sure people did that.

I bailed on my half-marathon training for a couple of reasons. One was boy-related: my b/f and I kept having weekend traumas and I wouldn't want to do my long run because I was sad or pissed. Two, the group wasn't all that beginner friendly. If I could run a *little* faster or for a *little* longer, it might have been ok, but why aren't there sweeps in these groups? Three, I just didn't want it badly enough.

Now we are back to another tri-season and I need to think about my goals. In brief:
* Lose some fat weight
* Gain some muscle weight
* Beat last year's time

This is week two of my training, so here are the workouts so far:

Sun 4/15 I did one hour of swimming. We started with "as many lengths as you can in 10 mins", then many many many drills (with fins!), and then a few more laps

Mon 4/16 One hour run class. We warmed up with drills: skipping high knees, etc, then did an easy out and back on the trail for 20 mins. After we stretched and did foot drills.

Weds 4/18 One hour bike class. We did about a 3.75 mile loop twice. It was mostly flat, with one nice downhill bit.

Sat 4/21 After our nutrition seminar, Rachel and Cauli and I did the 4 mile townlake loop. It took us about 1:15. We were good about staying to a 3/1 interval the whole time.

Sun 4/22 Swimming. I moved down to the "novice" class, as we will be focusing on drills. My biggest areas for improvement are getting my head lower and moving my legs more. I tend to make somewhat small movements w/ my legs. We started w/ 3 50 m lengths and after drills we did 3 more 50 m lengths (with a 15 sec rest between). Finally we did a timed 50. My time was 1:09.

Monday morning now, and I am going to do a bit of stretching before my shower. I will try to get thru the upper body exercises too.

No comments: